Annual Membership Dues:
- Membership fees are due on
July 1st of each year and are non-refundable. The membership year runs from July 1 to June 30.
- Full membership or renewal: $425 annually (checks should be made payable to RCRC).
- Novice Members (after having completed Learn To Row): $375
- Collegiate summer membership (must be current undergraduate student): $60
- Boat storage fees are due July 1st. $250 for a single annually; $350 for a double annually. (RCRC has a limited number of storage racks for members, so please contact the Membership Coordinator for availability.)
- Payment can be made by check, cash, or credit card. For check or cash, forms and payment can be mailed to the club or inserted in the membership drop box in the boathouse. For credit card, payment must be made through RegattaCentral (see instructions below).
If you pay via RegattaCentral, your dues will be $435 in order to cover the web site's service charge. Please note that if you pay via RegattaCentral, you still need to submit the renewal form, emergency information sheet, and waiver in hard copy.
Club service Hours:
Since its founding, the club's philosophy has been to keep membership as affordable as possible. While that makes rowing at RCRC highly accessible, it also means the club has limited funds to pay for maintenance and upkeep. RCRC from its inception has been a grass-roots rowing club. This was easy when the club was small, because we had no other options. But as the club has grown, this spirit of service has been a deliberate choice. This is part of what makes RCRC special among rowing clubs. However, much of the work is done by the same dedicated core of individuals. To take the pressure off these people and to maintain this grass-roots tradition, the club has established a policy to encourage service to the club. Each member is required to contribute at least fifteen (15) hours of service annually on club sponsored activities to assist in the maintenance and advancement of the club. Club service hours not completed the end of the membership year will be charged to the member at an hourly rate.
Fifteen hours per club member per year is roughly equivalent to the number of hours to employ one (1) person full-time for a year. We have more than enough work to employ one person full-time. In addition, it is slightly more than an average of one hour per month, a reasonable amount of time to contribute to helping RCRC thrive. If the club were to hire someone to do work, $15 per hour would be an average of what we would pay. Keep an eye on the RCRC emails sent out via Yahoo! Groups and the club website during the coming year for club service hour opportunities.
RCRC belongs to all who row with it. Please help the club maintain its special spirit.
- Each member is required to contribute 15 hours of service annually on Club sponsored activities to assist in the maintenance and advancement of the Club.
- Club service hours will begin accruing July 1and continue through June 30 of each membership year. Hours cannot be transferred from year to year or from member to member.
- In lieu of service, members may pay $225 at the time of payment of annual membership dues ($15 per hour x 15 hours).
- Hours not completed by June 30 of the following year will be charged to the member at $15 per hour upon renewal.
- Club service activities and the allocation of hours will be coordinated by the Board and its designees. Club service opportunities will be announced via email through the RCRC Yahoo!Group list. Some of these activities include: coxing for Learn to Row; work on club facilities; fundraising; helping with club regattas including River City Rebellion and Head of the Port; and other pre-approved activities.
- Each member's completed club service hours are available online or by emailing Tori Blickle at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe that there is a discrepancy in this amount, please contact Janell Bogue at email@example.com.
The email used for club registration or renewal will be automatically added to the RCRC Yahoo!Groups email list, which is the main method for club communication. Please note that you will have to accept an invitation to join the RCRC group, which may be directed to your spam folder. If your address changes or you are not receiving the club emails, please contact Janell Bogue at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to RegattaCentral. You will be at the "Clubs" tab.
- Scroll down to the River City Rowing Club logo. (The clubs are listed in alphabetical order.)
- Click on the "Show Details" link next to the River City Rowing Club logo. The renewal options will be displayed.
- Click on the "Join" link next to the option you would like (Membership with 15 volunteer hours; Membership with volunteer hours buy-out; Membership with 1x storage, etc.). A new window containing a registration form will open.
- Complete the information on the form under "New Users." All fields must be completed in order to continue.
- Select a "Payment Method" from the drop down menu. (Only VISA/MC are accepted for payment by credit card.)
- Click the "Register" button. This will generate an invoice for your renewal.
- Important Notes:
- Please note that RegattaCentral charges us a small fee for online registration. Therefore, when you renew online, the membership fee is $435 ($425 plus $10 online registration fee) in order to cover this charge.
- After you register at RegattaCentral, you still need to complete the RCRC renewal form, emergency information sheet, and waiver in hard copy, and return it by either method: Drop the completed forms in the "Membership" box in the boathouse, or mail renewal packet to: RCRC Membership, Attn: Janell Bogue, P.O. Box 980401, West Sacramento, CA 95798
If you have any questions regarding membership, please contact Janell Bogue at email@example.com.